Sunday, March 31, 2019

Portfolio Project: Shooting is complete!

Yesterday night, Bailey and I finished all of the shooting necessary for our project. At around 9:30 Bailey had arrived at my house and we began filming with the "outside the bar" sequence, utilizing the tripod shown in the previous blog post. I was wearing a clean white shirt, not the bloody one from yesterday's post, as I have yet to be beaten up. Since it was only Bailey and I, we had to use tiny pieces of cardboard to mark where to stand in order to get the framing right. We would position ourselves while one other person monitors the camera, and once the best place was determined, we put the piece of cardboard down to know where to stop. We did this for both Bailey and me. 


After that, we filmed the scene of me inside the trunk, giving the illusion that a body was being placed inside it. This was done by me, inside the trunk, put all my weight and jumped as Bailey did a motion of heaving a heavy body within his trunk. From the camera's perspective, it seems as tho there is a body being thrown in the trunk. The video of this is below.


After those two parts, it was time for the lamppost. This was a terrifying event. Unfortunately, due to our strong desire to leave, we did not have the idea to take any pictures for the blog. We parked the car on a grass/rock path on the side of the road. We began filming with the scenes of me escaping Bailey's trunk and then me running away while Bailey chases me. During this time, a number of cars were passing through and interfered with the shot. However, one car specifically drove by right next to Bailey and I and honked his modified car horn that sounded like a train honk. The volume was extremely loud and felt near deafening. This was due to a man just feeling like being a terrible person. We know this as he drove back 10 minutes later, asking if we had a video of him scaring us. We told him no and he drove off. 

From then on, we had an extremely strong desire to leave. I then switched into my bloody shirt, which Bailey and I suspected would be an issue in public as people may think it is real and call authorities. Thankfully this did not happen but it instilled great fear in us and made us work diligently. Eventually, we finished filming and ran to the car, sighing with great relief as we made our way back to my house. 

There were doubts of the lamppost not being ominous and creepy enough, but I can ensure that it definitely was.

No comments:

Post a Comment