Sunday, March 17, 2019

Portfolio Project: Group Critiques #2

Today in class I had my second Group Critiques. They were very helpful, with each person trying to help out the other people in the group to get the best out of the project. Unfortunately, I ended up talking last so I was not able to get as much information as I wanted out there, but I feel I did end up getting good feedback regardless.

I was told that in order to best capture the mental problems with Homer, Bailey and I should research medical diseases in order to see how to portray a person like that best. The illness that Homer has is not yet determined, but I explained to my group that it would be in the realm of Schizophrenia or another mental illness that would cause difficulty in being a normally cognitive individual. Perhaps we can portray OCD as it is referred to often by people and there is quite a lot of data to work off of. I will recommend this idea to Bailey and see what he says.

Additionally, I was also told that we will need to be great actors in order to pull off what we want well. My group members were concerned about how we would do the punches that Homer gives to Peter, offering the suggestion to look into stage punches and how to best present one on screen without any contact. I also told my group about the shots being tied together and coming full circle in the end and they seemed to really enjoy that idea, so I believe we will continue to try to produce it.

No comments:

Post a Comment