Saturday, March 2, 2019

Portfolio Project: Group Critiques

Yesterday, I had gotten into a group of four with my classmates that are not within my group. I gave then feedback on their project ideas, while they also gave me feedback on mine. Their critiques of Bailey and my idea was, first and foremost, the reliance of the song use. They asked about what we would do if we could not get the rights to the song, to which I replied, as stated in past blog entries, that we would either get different royalty free music that would suffice, or we would scrap the idea and create a new one. They seemed to be on board with that plan and so I think we will stay with it, still thinking about new ideas just in case.

Additionally, they stated that it would be good to establish some more tension. So with that suggestion, I made reference to the film Scream and the part of the film with the popcorn about to burst. The scene is below and the part I am referring to can be found within.


Since the theme of our film opening will pertain to breakfast, I proposed an idea of having an egg that begins to bubble after being cooked for too long, building tension similar to the Scream film opening.  We would constantly cut to the eggs during moments of high intensity and keep the tension very high. We could accomplish a similar goal with a tea kettle or other breakfast foods or utilities if the egg idea does not suffice. My group seemed to really enjoy that idea. I will ask Bailey of his opinion and see if we can implement it into our film opening.

My group's critiques mostly ended there as I did not have too much to elaborate on due to the early stages of the project. I will likely get back into groups when there is much more material to divulge into, leading to more detailed and helpful criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment